Being in high school, most of my life revolves around relationships. Friendships, yes, but especially guy/ girl relationships. I mean, it IS high school. But there is soo much drama that goes along with it it's not even funny. I watch my friends, girls and guys, go through so much confusion and anger and pain. I don't really think it's worth it when there's only like a 7% chance that you're going to end up with the person for the rest of your life. I haven't actually "gone out" with anyone since like 8th grade. I've pretty much decided that, unless I meet a guy that's really worth all the emotional stress and I know he's someone God would want me to spend a lot of my time with, high school relationships are completely pointless. I talk to one of my best friends, Tyler, about this kind of stuff all the time and we were talking about it a few days ago. We started talking about if high school relationships are pointless, then what about actual dating in college. And that led to thinking about spouses and the idea arose that the person we are going to marry in 10 or so years, give or take, is out there somewhere, doing SOMETHING. I asked him if he'd ever thought about it and he said all the time...which I thought was pretty cool.
Really think about that though...the man I'm gonna marry one day is probably in high school or maybe early college at this point. He's living his life one day at a time, just like me, out there somewhere. He's probably dating, or will date, someone in the near future, and then they'll break up because she isn't the girl God wants for him. I am. That really blows my mind...I don't know where he is, or what he looks like. I don't even know what his name is. I don't know when I'll meet him, but I definitely think about him all the time now. I'm going to try to start praying for him every time I think about him. I pray that if he doesn't know Jesus personally yet, that he will soon. Or if he does, that he'll stay in the Word and that he stays close to Jesus whatever he does.
Hah...I think that's one of the coolest thoughts I've had lately...
Christmas Background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment